Crack that Whip

Friday, February 04, 2005

Love Thy Neighbor

Do you know your neighbors?

It's a random question but these days most of us would probably say, "No." I was just thinking about it. I don't know mine. Not really anyway. I bought a house in Northwest Oklahoma City about a year and a half ago. The only time I've ever given more than a "Hey" or a head nod was October 10, 2004. That was the day may house was burglarized. Someone apparently went through the back window and took my TV, golf clubs.. about $2000 worth of stuff. The only reason I talked to them then was because three police officers showed up and went into the house with their guns drawn. (I thought someone may still be inside.) Later that night one of my neighbors even brought me coffee and cookies. It was a very nice gesture. I've yet to give them their coffee cup back. It's insulated.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger REINER said...

Good thoughts, we really need not be afraid to cross the comfort zones to really invest in our neighbors; unless of course you are a young, single girl who lives edge of the ghetto. I don't blame you; insolated mugs are hard to come by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home