Crack that Whip

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My Brother, "Mr. Perfect"

My younger brother makes me sick sometimes.

A couple weeks ago I went with him to look for an apartment. He's taken a new job and needs a place that's cheap while he tries to sell his house. Everything was great until the apartment manager asked him how much money he makes in a month. His response made my jaw drop. It was then I found out that my younger brother makes nearly three-times as much as I do. I was speechless. It was the latest "kick in the crotch" which just adds to a growing frustration with my mother's other son.

A long time issue has been our size difference. My brother is taller than I am. Not a by an inch or two, but by five inches. I'm 5'11".. he's 6'4". Height jokes are never in "short" supply at family gatherings. Now the comments are beginning to also come from my 13-year-old sister. She's now growing at an alarming rate and feels she can make fun. You could say my brother is the tall, dark and handsome man most women go for. Me on the other hand.. well I'm just handsome.

I guess the whole issue isn't his fault. It's my parents fault. Damn dad's faulty young sperm and damn mom's old egg!!

1 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger REINER said...

Personally speaking, great things come in small packages...... oh, and............ when can I meet your brother??????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home