Crack that Whip

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

What Women Want

It's a question that men everywhere have been asking for centuries.

How do I attract women?

Well after years of research and plenty of trial and error, I have found the answer. The way to get a woman is.. you ready? The way to get a woman.. is to act as if you could care less whether you had one or not.

It's that simple. Need an example? Okay. Here it goes. I was with a few lady friends last week. As I walked through the door of their apartment, and made the mistake of talking during "The Bachelorette." Not only did they tell me to "Shhh!," all three sat in silence, focused on the television screen. Now, until that night I'd never seen an episode of the show. But what's funny is, it didn't matter. I knew within 10 minutes of watching the show, who the Bachelorette would pick. When the ladies realized I was right, they sat in amazement.

How did I do it? It's simple. Women almost always go for the jerk. The guy that offered everything, good looks, a great family, that's not what women want. Oh they may tell you that's what they want, but it's not. Most want a "fixer upper." Women almost always go for the guy that's harder to get. They like the challenge. The chase. Why go for a guy that's willing to give his heart? Why go for a guy that promises to treat you right until the day you die? That's boring, right ladies? Now some of you are saying no. You're saying, "I'm not that kind of girl." My response. I don't think so. I'm a single man. Single by choice. But I've run a couple of tests recently. I've been the "nice" guy. I've also been the "jerk." Ladies, whether you like it or not, nine times out of 10, you go for the jerk.

I once dated a girl who told me to be honest with her because her last boyfriend wasn't. I said okay. One night, I told her she smelled like a wet dog. She did! But for some reason she got pissed off? I thought we were in the trust tree? I thought we could be honest. Another girl asked me the question every man dreads, "What's wrong?" I said nothing. After asking me the question for the 10th time I finally answered her. "You want to know what's wrong. I'll tell you what's wrong. I have certain standards. And you don't meet those standards. We're not going to work." I believe her words were, ".....Why you little.." The fact is, women don't want honesty, they want lies that help their self esteem. What's funny? After all was said and done, both women still wanted to date me. Both wanted the jerk.

An ass, will always be an ass. It's like the Montgomery-Gentry song says, "She changed her mind, when she couldn't change me." Guys, the question you should be asking yourself isn't, "How do I attract women?" The question should be, "How do I attract the right woman?" The answer? Be yourself. There's bound to be at least one woman that can put up with you for a lifetime, right? As for you ladies.. don't date a guy because you think you can change him. If you do, it's likely in a year or two, you'll be asking yourself why you wasted your time. Instead, make a list of qualities you want and start looking. Don't be disappointed if it takes you until you're in your late twenties or thirties to find the right person. You've got the rest of your life to be married.

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger REINER said...

Sad to say, I agree to some extent. I really think that as I get older, I desire different qualities, but I do think that we all have it in us... to want what we shouldn't have. So, which one do like playing more, the nice guy or the jerk???

I don't play games, so I wouldn't have a preference!!! :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well... you said she smelled like a wet dog.... Anyone would be pissed. Anyone! llol
its funny as all get out though. One question... did she happen to be white? You can be honest without being insulting. Just likethe one women with the sub par standards, you dont just bust it out like that... You just say that you want different things, qualities, but thats shes great, just probably not the one... something along those lines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home