Crack that Whip

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This Blog Bites! Hard!

This is a first.

You see, apart, my parents opinions on women I should date mean little to me. But together, when they agree on a person, it peaks my interest.

In the past, mom has been known to pick the smart, witty, funny girls with great personality but that lack in the looks department. Dad on the other hand, likes hot women who tend to be, sorry, dumb as rocks. Put them together however, and it's a dangerous combination of possible potential.

Recently this phenomenon occurred. Both of my parents agreed that a young woman in their church could have potential, and in their book may help create the grandchildren they so look forward to seeing: cute little curly blonde haired, blue eyed, smart asses that make raising me worth it. You could call it, "Payback."

After two weeks of talking her up, my mother called me the other day and asked if I'd like to have her phone number or email. I said, "Sure. Why not." I was a little hesitant. After all, being set up by your parents is right above logging onto a computer and spending 50 bucks a month hoping you'll find your soulmate on a dating website. It's a last resort and it rarely works.

Two hours passed, and I get a phone call from my brother. It went something like this:

"Hey Cody. What's up?"
"What's up?"

"Hey, mom didn't want to hurt your feelings but.. that girl doesn't want to give you her number. I guess she read your blog and didn't think you two would have anything at all in common."

"Really?"

"Yeah man, sorry."

"It's cool. That saves me money."

"Yeah. Well, talk to you later."

"Later."

It's funny how mom's react. I called her and she was upset. She said, "Well if she thinks your blog is bad, then she just doesn't get our family's humor. It wouldn't have worked out anyway."

I love my mom.

Dad's reaction?

"Sorry man. I thought she was hot. It was your mom that thought she was smart."

Love dad too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home