Crack that Whip

Friday, September 02, 2005

Words of... something

I work in the news business.

At least twice a day, I talk to some pretty interesting people. Today, I spoke with Mrs. West from Edmond, Oklahoma. Now, if you want a solid opinion on things (whatever she's talking about at that time) you talk to this lady.

Our talk today lasted about 7 hours. At least it felt that long. Here are my favorite excerpts (in the voice of a 90-year old country girl):

On gas prices:
"First they take our shirts, now they want our pants."

On our government:
"These guys are blind in one eye and can't see well out of the other."

"The White House, it don't need a paint job on the outside.. it needs a cleanin' from the inside."

On Katrina:
"Katrina, you die out in the name of Jesus!!"

On something about her checking account:
"That check bounced like a rubber ball."

On her recent arrest:
"If Shadraq, Meshaq, and Abednego can come out not smellin' like smoke, I can too!"

Wisdom. Insanity. They're not far apart.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger REINER said...

You clever little 'newsy'... my FAVORITE blog ever I think! I actually work with a round little man who throws these little statements around. In the middle of an important meeting... statements were flying, I stopped everything and asked, "Patty, can I squeeze your cheeks?" Just too adorable.

Wisdom/insanity... close call!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home