Crack that Whip

Monday, September 19, 2005

What a Frustrating Fear!!

I went out to the "club" for the first time in a while this weekend.

Let me tell you.. there are few places I feel unable, unequipped, and unwilling to to talk to a woman. For some reason a nightclub/bar tops the short list.

Being in the news business for five years now, you'd think I'd be done with the jitters or at least be better at handling them!! I mean, I've interviewed beautiful country singers like Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Sarah Evans, even the "Bacherette's" Trista. Yet I can't get up enough guts to talk to one pretty little lady sitting by herself BEGGING me to come talk to her with her pouty lips and "come hither stare".. (you know the look I'm talking about). IT DRIVES ME FREAKIN' NUTS!!!

But don't think I don't know the reason why. I do. One word: REJECTION. And for some reason I fear it most with attractive women that I'm interested in.

Look, my momma loved me. She never left me. I'm secure in myself. Momma also says I'm funny, handsome, witty, etc. And I agree with her in the humblest of ways. ;)

BUT THAT DOESN'T HELP THE FACT TALKING TO A WOMAN MAKES MY HANDS SWEAT, MY CHEST HURT, AND MY NATURAL CONFINDENCE DIP TO THAT OF A 5-YEAR OLD ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

That being said, when I DO talk to women.. MAN DO THEY LOVE ME!!!!

I won't lie, I've dated some HOTTIES!! Unfortunately though, the time it takes me to ask a women out usually lasts longer than the relationship itself. I guess I need to work on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home