Crack that Whip

Friday, July 15, 2005

The Older, fatter me..

So I went swimming for the first time in about a year recently.

It was the first dip in my "latest body." I say my latest, because it changes periodically. Sometimes it's with a spare tire, sometimes it's.. okay it's always with a spare tire. Sometimes though, that tire is bigger than other times.

Last weekend, I put on an old bathing suit. It seemed to fit a bit differently than I remember. It hit just below the gut, just above the bigger butt. And there was a bit of an overhang. Can't say I was expecting that.

For the first time since I was in fifth grade, when I was a bit portly, I felt self conscious. I admit, I had to suck in. It didn't help that I was swimming in front of a couple of attractive, fit, younger women. I'd only breath while in the water and only sit down if I had a towel to cover up the rolls.


I can remember the first time I hit 200-pounds. I was actually excited. At the time I was lifting weights and thought, "the bigger, the better." Now, I can't seem to get below that 200 mark. (And yes, most of it's still muscle.)

Sure I could diet, but what fun is that? I once tried what my dad calls the "tuna diet." It's where you eat nothing but tuna fish and drink nothing but water. It's supposed to last a week. I lasted three days. I stopped when my urine smelled like fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home